My blogspiration

Friday, January 23, 2009

What is beauty?

This is my interpretation as to what beauty is, I have read many articles lately about the scientific ways that people are beautiful. Apparently science believes it's facial symmetry or prominent and strong bone structure. By these standards, I'm anything but beautiful. I'm ugly... I know I'm not that bad and this is what I believe...


What exactly is beauty? Beauty means different things to everybody and I believe that beauty never means the same to 2 different people. Beauty is definitely in the eyes of the beholder. Is it really as simple as symmetry that makes people beautiful or is more personality than the actual looks? Or is it simply being natural beautiful to you? Is it what you read beauty should be, in magazines, on the silver screen or what the media tells us? None of these things are really important in reality, maybe only for about 15 years before your knowledge, brains, and personality should take over. Beauty fades, everything else remains. What might be beautiful to one person might not to another therefore you will not always be good looking to everybody. Are you scared of what's within that you need to cover up with superficial beauty? Of course not! It is wonderful to feel beautiful, every woman and man deserves the right to feel their best, feel their most beautiful. Never believe what other people say, always believe in yourself and whatever it is that you feel. All beauty is superficial to some degree and vanity is not always a good thing, but not always a bad thing. Take pride but do not over compensate for as physically beautiful as you are, what is beauty without personality? Personality is beauty. Do not judge a book by its cover. How many times have you seen a "perfect" looking skinny bitch who is mean, and how quickly does she becomes ugly, and how many times have you seen a girl, deemed not beautiful by society, perhaps a little bigger, but is full of life, joy and happiness. Isn't she the more beautiful one? I believe that she is. I'm not hating on the "beautiful" people, this is simply how I feel and what I've seen. I appreciate and take all people at face value until I know them. 


No single stereotype makes each of us beautiful, but what holds us on the inside. You are who you are and should love yourself as no other can. You are different things to different people but you should make the most out of you because nobody else lives in your skin and nobody else can feel the way that you do at any given moment in time. Be the best you can be. Be the best you! You are beautiful no matter what anyone else says... and only you can decide what true beauty is!


No comments:

Post a Comment