My blogspiration

Friday, January 16, 2009

Dame Edna in Australia!

The wonderful Australian and now MAC icon Dame Edna has come back home for some special guest appearances promoting the new Dame Edna range. This is a link to the screening of a special interview she did this morning on Sunrise at 7:50am on channel 7. Also the interview below...
The screening ~ http://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/sunrise/
(There's Nothing Like a Dame / Friday 16th, 7:50am)

Q. Do you always feel loved and welcome the moment you arrive back home?

A. I do, I'm an icon dear and I'm a proud representative of Australia and so, I was very honoured that MAC chose me above all those other people little, what's the name Miranda Kerr, is it? They said, We love her but she's only known in Australia, and they wanted an international skin. My skin has been everywhere. Makeup isn't a disguise, you has lovely bone structure, and wonderful little children, little Nicholas, Kahlia, oh aren't they adorable? and I hope one day you'll get married. I want to be there. 


Q. I'm intrigued by the names of your products, how did you choose them, Varicose Violet?

A. Varicose Violet, is really inspired by my mother, she's in a home for the bewildered,  But her legs are magnificent and what a shade of mauve, you've never seen such a lovely shade.


Q. And the other one I love is Possom Nose Pink?

A. Well it is exactly, but no possom was harmed. The possoms' noses were used in the labortories were released afterwards. 


Q. I'd like to know about Aussie ladies, are Australia women are ladylike?

A. No, Unfortunately many women in Australia are not ladylike. because they feel like the men who dominate the society expect them to be blokes, so they're tough and rugged. and they should not be, we should rediscover our femininity.


Q. Some tips then, for the ladies watching at home. 

A. I think we need to speak more softly and gently and I think too, posture is important and very bad, any more rubber thongs please. And dress up, when you go into town, dress, and every time in the morning and when you look in the mirror concentrate on their g-spot. G for gorgeous! Just look in the mirror and say I'm Gorgeous, I'm gorgeous, I'm gorgeous! It's that g spot thats so important. 

M. We're gonna leave on that lovely note and thank you and I'm looking forward to having a bit of a makeover.

DE. Good Luck Melissa

M. I like natural soft colours is that okay?

DE. No, it needs to be strong. Stronger! Stronger!

Melissa is one the Sunrise hosts who conducted the interview. Also a final pic of Dame Edna and Melissa! 

She also made a guest appearance in Sydney David Jones today as well, joined by Ricki Lee Coulter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment