My blogspiration

Thursday, January 22, 2009

REVIEW: Laura Mercier colour pots


These are the NEW Laura Mercier Colour Pots from Gold Digger collection. I had a wee  makeover a couple of weeks ago using these babies and they are very smooth and easy to apply. Unfortunately I found that they creased too quickly (within an hour) and they aren't very bold as what you might think, almost getting lost and a completely nude look which is a bit of a waste considering how expensive they are ($65 each). I'm Nw20 by MAC standards which is pale so if you're olive or WOC then these would end up completely disappearing on you. They have 2 compartments, being a powder on the bottom and a cream on top. 
The Cream: Isn't very shimmery or metallicy. Has a nice smooth texture and consistency and applies well. 
The Powder: Is shimmery and very pretty. Harder to apply as it is a powder and does have a tendency to go everywhere. 
These pots come in only 3 shades (white gold, solid gold and bronzed gold) which I think isn't a  great selection (but hey it's a gold collection, how many shades of gold could there possibly be!). Another thing that I didn't like about these, is that you can separate them just fine, but you've got to remember to tip it upside down to get the powder out and if you use a lot then you need to keep screwing the cream compartment back on to get more of the powder out, if that makes sense... Just a pain in the butt, especially if you're in a hurry! 

A side note: When I was getting the makeover the MUA used a pencil on me, never sharpened it and once done with it put it back without cleaning it or re-sharpening it. Kinds gross and I won't be going back there for a makeover thats for sure... 

RRP $65
Available: At Laura Mercier counters, Myer and David Jones. 

I Rate These: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment