My blogspiration

Friday, January 16, 2009

More Dame Edna!


Another interview with the lovely as always, DE!


Dame Edna on …being a M·A·C Dame
 
“It’s lovely being a M·A·C Dame. One of my favorite nuts is called a “M·A·Cacadamia”. Although I’m not a nut, I am particularly a fruity lady. And very, very proud of my association with this wonderful cosmetics firm.”

…how the M·A·C connection began 
The M·A·C/Dame Edna connection arose when I first did my Broadway show, some years ago. (I won, for the first time, a special Toni award.) People said to me, ‘you seem to glow on the stage.’ And I said ‘Well, I am actually using cosmetics called M·A·C. I wore them on stage every night. I tried an experiment one evening and just used ordinary department store cosmetics and it didn’t work! I didn’t feel the same!”

…her M·A·C line of products 
“We have got a wonderful new range of Dame Edna products, made by M·A·C, especially made for me. I supervised every step of the way. I’ve been in the lab. I worked with the artists, the stylists, the designers, and the cosmetic experts. And we have come up with colors which not only suit people of my age, but young women at the threshold of life. Edna-boppers particularly adore these shades. Many of them had arrived from the gladiolas – my favorite flower – and they’re absolutely gorgeous.” 

…on her M·A·C designs 
“Look at this lovely, irresistible packaging possums! I helped design these. I worked so closely with that wiz kid of design, James Gager.”

…how you can learn about her beauty secrets 
“I have often been asked to share my beauty secrets with the world. And at last, M·A·C persuaded me to do so. You can go to any M·A·C counter and participate in Dame Edna’s very special beauty regimen. What is lovely about the M·A·C collection is that it combines femininity with cutting-edge trend-setting glamour.”

…her hair color 
“I was born with this color. It’s extraordinary! As a kid, I was very embarrassed by my hair coloring. For many years I dyed my hair brown, because children at school teased me, calling me ‘Mauve mop.’ But in more recent years I let it grow out to its natural color. And I am very very proud of it. I am probably the only woman in the world with a purple bikini line.”

…her G-spot exercise 
“I do my G-spot exercise every morning. I wake–up, I look in the mirror and I say those G-words: ‘Edna, I say, ‘You are gorgeous, you’re gorgeous, you’re GORGEOUS.’ And I go through the day absolutely gorgeous.” 

…her appearance 
“I’ve always looked after myself and I never appear in public looking liking a frump.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment