My blogspiration

Monday, January 3, 2011

Underrated Product: MAC Magically Cool Liquid Powder


This product is a MAC (and as far as I know, product) first! It has this weird thing that when you apply it, it feels wet, but is a powder. It's so weird that whenever I see people, especially makeup people, I HAVE to show them it. Everyone is freaked out/ amazed by it. The Magically Cool Liquid powder came out with the Disney Venomous Villains collection last year (2010). Looking through various websites with reviews and maccosmetics.com itself, it proved to not be such a great selling product and I'm puzzled as to why. Okay so admittedly it was very expensive ($50 or there-of IIRC). With Australian prices being so high and having this collection so massive, I CAN see why it wouldn't be on many peoples must have lists. I really do hope that this product makes another appearance sometime this year (I will need more!).

Here's why I love it:
It feels fantastic on the skin (feels great to apply in hot weather, especially in this Australian hot summer!) and isn't too heavy but still noticeable on the face and evens out skintone. It lasts for most of the day (15 hours or so) and find it helps to prolong my foundation and helps it to set when first applied.
It also has a light shimmer that doesn't make your skin too shiny or glittery, but you can still notice it. I personally think it's better than the natural/ natural & shimmer mineralize skinfinishes and the original loose powder. The shade Truth & Light is perfect for me (NW20). I wouldn't use this as a highlighter as some people use it for unless you have substantially darker skin than a NW20. There's not enough shimmer for that. One thing I dislike about this powder is the container. Like most MAC loose powdered products, it comes out of the jar too quickly and I have to use the actual lid to get rid of the excess off my brush (usually a 109 or 129) without creating a cloud of powder. If tis does come out again I HIGHLY recommend getting some, or even just a sample to test out it's awesomeness. This is my 3rd favourite product of 2010!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for that point-of-view review, I am glad to see someone feels the same way as me. I am NC20 myself, and I do love the finish of this. Even when my skin is problematic (with healing breakouts and flakey at places etc.) and uneven, I feel this gives a healthy finish appearance, helps the skin around the spots not look dehydrated and crappy dry, but recovering and, well, natural.
    I use an 187 to apply it all over the face, though, I find it helps distribute the product a lot better and not so concentrated like natural hair of the 129.

    And now closing, I'll only say that I noticed you have the Nars Schiap on your wishlist, and I wanna say: Get it, that lipstick is amazing, I can almost say it changed my lips' life :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I want Schiap So BAD! I'm excited for the new magically cool liquid powders due out soon! There's a rosy coloured one that I can't wait to get!!!

    ReplyDelete