My blogspiration

Sunday, October 19, 2014

First Impressions

I've been buying quite a few goodies online lately, and along with my goodies, I've received a few samples. Today I'm going to give you my first thoughts and impressions of these products and whether or not I'm going to buy the full sized version.



* Lonvitalite 24k Gold eye mask *
This is actually the first facial mask I've tried that hasn't been a paste like product that you wait to dry and rinse off, and to be honest, I really don't think it's for me. This one came in an individual wrapper in its own liquid, which you then place around your eyes. This had so much product on it that it was dripping down my face. So much of the liquid product that after I used the mask, I still had heaps left that I got another use out of it (just without using the paper/cloth mask thingy). I can't stand things that drip or don't dry (yes, I was that kid who never walked around with sticky fingers. I hate goo, mess or anything else like that). I left it on for the recommended 20 minutes but didn't really notice any difference to my fine lines. The eye area felt smoother though. Maybe you do need to buy the packs of them (it comes with 5 in a pack) to notice a real difference after continuous use. 
Re-purchase: No, these masks aren't for me. I'm a paste girl.
Available: Adorebeauty.com.au
RRP: $36 (for 5)



* L'oreal Infallible foundation *
I'm in the Priceline club so occasionally they'll send me a few samples in the mail. I was using Revlon Colourstay foundation and I wasn't happy with the shade (Ivory), it's horrible (I don't know why, I had a different colour last bottle by accident and I really liked it). I'm definitely looking to replace it with something new, so even though the sample was in the completely wrong colour, I still tested it out. It's amazing. It has amazing coverage (medium to full) and lasts all day. Once I get the right colour, I'll be doing a review on it so keep an eye out.
Re-purchase: Yes! I'm just waiting for my quarterly voucher LOL (hey, being honest here!)
Available: Priceline
RRP: $31.95


* Hourglass Mineral Veil primer *
I don't use a primer. I dont know why. I used to use MAC Prep and Prime, but after it ran out I just didn't repurchase it or anything else. I'm not adverse to them. The Hourglass primer is very nice. It applies smoothly and feels nice and silky on the face. I can honestly see why people seem to go crazy about it and why it's hugely popular. It definitely made my foundation sit better and last for longer (currently using Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk).
Re-purchase: Yes.
Available: Mecca
RRP: $25-69


* By Terry Cellularose Brightening CC Lumi-Serum *
I've never tried anything from this brand before. I guess as it's pretty expensive stuff and not too many reviews around I didn't want to risk it. But this is one nice product. The sample came with 4 shades but I used #1 Immaculate Light which is said to "enhance porcelain complexions, controls redness and tackles dark spots". To me this is a dupe, or very similar, to MACs Strobe Creme. The one thing I really don't like about it, is its smells like rose, which we all know, I do not like at all.
Re-purchase: I would but it looks like MAC Strobe cream, which doesn't smell like rose.
Available: Mecca
RRP: $126


* L'oreal Age Perfect facial oil *
A beauty oil not dissimilar to the likes of Rosehip, Jojoba and those type of anti-anging oils. I used this for about a week and decided to not bother. I use Rosehip oil which has many anti-oxidant properties and is much more natural and not synthetic, which I'm all for as much as I can. I'm not likely to be changing from my beloved Rosehip oil anytime soon. I would recommend something more natural over something not-so-natural.
Re-purchase: No
Available: Priceline
RRP: $39.99


* Aesop Voluming Shampoo *
Another product that I've never tried anything from the brand. This in an Australian brand that uses mostly natural ingredients. This shampoo is designed for fine hair (as per packet description), however, I get very flat hair on top so I wanted to give it a go anyway. I definitely noticed volume from using it the one time. It smells like peppermint too which isn't unplesant, although, not a scent I would associate with shampoo haha. I do really like it, but find it to be on the pricier side. If you love pampering your hair, then I'd give it a go.
Re-purchase: Not for the price. If it was cheaper, more than likely.
Available: Adorebeauty.com.au
RRP: $29 (200ml)


Have you tried any of these? What did you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment