My blogspiration

Monday, June 9, 2014

What I'm currently using: skincare

Being 27, skincare has become ever more so important to get down a good routine. This is what's currently working for me. There's still a few things I should/ could be adding in (here's looking at you eye creams) but I honestly haven't found the right one that's not too "advanced" for my skin ie. something for mature skin. It's honestly pretty daunting when there are so many products in the market all promising all sorts of things too. It's pretty basic as far as routines go and I know that in the coming year or so, I'll definitely need to be upping my game.

My skin facts: I have combination skin (slightly oily t-zone, normal cheeks/ everywhere else), and only break out on my chin at that wonderful time of the month when hormones go crazy. My "breakouts" consists of basic pimples and cystic pimples. About every 3 months I'll get a cystic pimple. I do have large pores on my nose due to being oily and frequently get blackheads on my nose. I have no acne scarring and a couple of chicken pox scars. I'm starting to get fine lines around my eyes and forehead lines are also starting to become more noticeable. I am/ always have been very fortunate with my skin and never has any hardcore acne as a teen, only a few random pimples.


All of the sexy products as a family.


Morning:
Wash my face with The Body Shop seaweed cleanser.
Apply Skinceuticals AOX +20 serum all over face (Have run out so instead I'n using The Body Shop Vitamin C serum).
Apply Olay SPF30 moisturiser all over face, neck and décolletage.

Morning ritual.

Night:
Remove eye makeup with a makeup remover (currently using Bioderma pink makeup remover).
Wipe over face with cleansing makeup wipe (love Swisspers pomegranate wipes, but using mango coz I couldn't find my beloved pomegranate).
Wash face twice with seaweed cleanser.
Use The Body Shop exfoliating puff (every second night) or Olay powered cleansing system (everyday).
Apply Trilogy Rosehip oil all over face, neck and décolletage.

Cleanliness in the night times. 

Weekly:
Use Jurlique fruit enzyme exfoliator twice a week.
Use Sukin purifying face masque once/ twice a week.

I also use a cold Body Shop eye mask (this one in fact) for when I'm feeling a bit puffy (This lives in the fridge).















Monthly:
Get microdermabrasion done once a month.


As you can probably tell, I'm trying to use animal friendly, "organic" products.


Where to get these glorious products from:
The Body Shop seaweed cleanser
RRP: $18.95
Available: The Body Shop stores and online

Skinceuticals AOX+20 serum
RRP: $130-150 (depends where you go)
Available: I get mine from skincarestore.com.au . I'm not too sure where you can get it, maybe facial clinics. I'm pretty sure Lasertech clinic in Adelaide also stocks it.

Trilogy Rosehip oil
RRP: $25
Available: Priceline and Myer

Jurlique fruit enzyme exfoliator
RRP: $47
Available: Jurlique boutiques, Myer and David Jones

Sukin masque
RRP: $17
Available: Priceline

Microdermabrasion
RRP: $140 (clinics will differ, depending on where you go)
Available: I go to the Lasertech Clinic in Adelaide. Most clinics offer it.

The Body Shop eye mask:
RRP: $13.95
Available: The Body Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment