My blogspiration

Monday, June 23, 2014

All Time Favourites: Red



I've decided to do these little posts on my fave products of certain colours, so if you guys are after new products to try, you can give them a go! I've tried to keep the products permanent ones, so you guys can actually access these for yourself. I apologise in advance if one escapes and is actually limited edition.
I also feel a bit bummed that I don't have a lot of red products. Most of my faves are, imfortunately, limited edition. Guess that just means I need to try out more permanent products!



MAC Russian Red lipstick.
This is a blue based red lipstick, in a matte finish. This is my FAVE red lip product, and I cannot recommend this shade enough! I find it non drying and lasts very well throughout the day (except maybe eating lunch!). 
Available: at MAC counters and stores
RRP: $36

OPI OPI Red nail polish.
The perfect blue based red. Very classic. It was one of their originals, I believe, and they've kept it around for a good reason.
Available: David Jones, Myer, good nail/ beauty salons
RRP: 19.95

MAC Cherry Electric Superglass.
I LOVE these! I know glitter isn't for everyone, but I liken myself to a unicorn, so I do. These are stickier than a normal MAC lipglass (I find), and they do really hang on. The glitter definitely sticks around after the colour of the glass has faded from your lips. You might find these gritty if you just let it wear completely off and neglect to top up, as the flecks of glitter are quite large. This really is stunning though, and best for use over a lipstick. I would use this over Russian Red and RR is a matte so it's not competing against something with an already slippery texture. I do have all of the Superglass shades minus 1 or 2. That's how much I love!
Available: MAC counters and stores
RRP: $43

L-R: Swatches of Cherry Electric superglass and Russian Red lipstick. 
Britney Spears Hidden Fantasy.
I've enjoyed this fragrance for a few years now, and as most of my fav fragrances, it's a fruity floral scent. With notes of Jasmine, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Lily and Grapefruit, it's another great spring/ summer scent.
Available: Myer, Priceline, Chemist Warehouse and other pharmacies.
RRP: up to $60 (depending on size)

Marc Jacobs Dot.
I am not-so-patiently awaiting the arrival of this fragrance from my mum (birthday gift), as it is amazing! I love Marc Jacobs fragrances, and this is my second favourite after Daisy. It is the perfect spring/ summer scent, as it's a floral, with hints of berries and jasmine.
Available: David Jones, Myer, Priceline, The Perfume Connection, Chemist Warehouse and other pharmacies.
RRP: up to $160 (depending on size)

Marc Jacobs Dot














I'd love to hear what your fave red products are? 
Let me know what colour you'd like to see a feature on?

No comments:

Post a Comment