My blogspiration

Monday, June 23, 2014

Review: Australis Showstopper gloss stick

It's been a while since I've done a review, and I bought this recently after having eyed it up for quite a while.


Fairyfloss.
I bought the shade "Fairyfloss", which is a beautiful Barbie cotton candy pink. When I purchased this, it was 50% off at Priceline, so I paid $6.50 for it vs the $12.95 it usually costs.
When I first swatched this (when I first bought it, not the swatch below), I felt like there wasn't much payoff, however, when I did apply this to my lips, it was a different story. These are definitely jam packed of colour and intensity. I also feel like it is unique and a true Barbie pink. I find other lip products that are described as a "Barbie pink", are usually darker and lean more towards a slight berry tinge.
These definitely don't budge once on the lip. Even though they're a gloss stick, they're not slippery or sticky on the lips at all, more matte than glossy and definitely more lipstick than lipgloss, however, in saying that, they're not drying or uncomfortable to wear at all. One of the biggest things I would say in wearing this, do make sure your lips are nice and moisturised and not flaky, as these will cling and define the flakiness on your lips.
These are definitely long wearing, and stayed on my lips even through lunch, and, it doesn't leave a coloured ring around your lips (think chola style), like most lipsticks do. They fade and wear evenly.

They only other draw back (other than the whole dry lips things) that I find with these, there's only 3 shades to choose from, Fairyfloss (Barbie Candy pink), Hoola Hoop (a blue based red), and Fireworks (a mid plum). They're lovely shades, but these gloss sticks are awesome enough to definitely warrant having more colours in the range.

L-R: Layered 3x vs 1 stroke. 

Would I re-purchase: Yes! Absolutely. These are amazing quality for a "drugstore" brand. I would definitely recommend everyone go check these out. I definitely want the other 2 shades.

Available: Priceline
RRP: $12.95

No comments:

Post a Comment