My blogspiration

Friday, January 9, 2015

Review: Infallible foundation


I got a sample of this a while ago, and I love to explore new foundations. I feel like "the perfect foundation" is like a pair of jeans. If you're like all* women, you'll understand me when I say it's hard to find the one. The holy grail, the one you can always turn to because it makes you look and feel alive, amazing and fresh. Others may come close, but you'll always have "the one" to fall back on.

I don't believe in hoarding foundations as I feel it's the quickest product to go gross (other than mascara, of course), and foundation can be very expensive, so even though I may try out a few, I'll finish a bottle and never buy it again, (look at me being sensible) if I wasn't completely wowed by it. I'm currently using Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk and I LOVE it! That is my wow, holy grail, amaze-balls product, however, at $90AUD it's nice to have a backup so I don't have to keep getting the most expensive thing on the planet (of foundations). It is a medium coverage so I also like something a little thicker for nights out or whathaveyou as a full coverage base.

The Infalliable foundation applies like a dream. It's not hard to work with, it blends out smoothly and easily. It also doesn't dry out on your hand whilst applying it, as some full coverage foundations can and leave you having to work quickly. You can take your time to apply this one. I use a flat, standard foundation brush to apply (basically a 190 MAC foundation brush). I've recently purchased a beauty blender from beautybay.com, so will see and update once I receive that and test it out, to see if tools make any kind of difference to application and wear. The bottle also lasts for ages. I purchased it about 2 months ago, maybe not quite that long. I wear foundation 5-6 days a week, and as you can see, have barely even made a dent. You only need one pump, maybe one and a half if you want extra coverage.

The Infalliable foundation is just that. It is full coverage but flawless. It doesn't look cakey in the slightest but you know that you're getting the most out of it. This baby claims to last for 24hrs and while I cannot claim that it does that (I'm a nanna and must be in bed ok!), it certainly looks fresh and great after 12-15 hours of wear. It doesn't get patchy or dry in any areas and I feel like it wears evenly on me. I have combination skin, so feel like it is perfect for my skin type. It doesn't sway neither dewy/ oily or matte on me, on initial application or throughout the day/ wear time. If you have dry skin, I think this would still be ok for you, maybe just prime with a really moisturising primer to be sure.

The only thing I severely dislike and L'oreal really need to step up their game, is the shades... I bought this in 120 Vanilla, being the lightest shade there is, I'm a NW20 in MAC for reference, and it was still too dark. I think anyone below a NW/NC30 will need to tan up their body in order to wear this, which is a shame because everything else about it is amazing.

For the price, it's another point to the positive side. It normally retails for roughly $30AUD, but Priceline is always having specials so I got this for about $22, so that makes it a very stellar buy.

Overall, I will definitely buy it again, and use it when I'm tanned up, as it really is an amazing product, and I'm yet to come across a non cakey looking full coverage foundation. If you know of any with lighter shades, let me know!


*there is a rare breed of people, where all jeans make their ass look great. If you're one of these people, I hate you (not really, but you are most definitely blessed and should be grateful haha).

No comments:

Post a Comment