My blogspiration

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

What I'm Currently Using: haircare

Soooo, I'm definitely not the best when it comes to hair. I'm definitely a pony girl and the most elaborate style I can achieve is a French braid (messily, of course). I wish I was one of those girls who ALWAYS has cute hair, even the ability to do a nice frontal side braid thing would be nice.

However, I definitely try to take care of my hair as much as I can. Of course, I still do the wrong thing occasionally. I still over-straighten my hair, which is one hard task to try and un-do after years of straightening over the same piece of hair to make it as straight as possible! It seems to be the reason I always have 2 spots near my temple that are always broken and wispy. I'm only learning to not tie my hair up when it's wet, but I have finally stopped brushing my hair whilst wet. I also dye my hair... A lot... Since I was 12... All kind of colours.... So you can imagine the mess going on. I'm also trying to grow it long, so refuse to cut it, coz we all know that's how we get long luscious hair without extensions, right? Right? Please tell me I'm right? I honestly think it would be so much easier, and god have I been tempted, to just shave my head a-la Britney 2007. So, if you're like me, and also about as brave as what I am, aka not brave at all, here's a heads up on my fave products I use to prevent more damage from occurring...

First up, let me just say, I'm pretty *lazy* and wash my hair max twice a week. I hate washing my hair. Even if I do use awesome stuff. Ugh! Worst beauty job for me.

Shampoo/ Conditioner:
I rotate a lot so I'm currently using Tresemme Platinum Strength shampoo (the black with purple writing new one) and Tresemme Thermal Recovery conditioner (the white with red writing one). I like them both so far (been using for about a month) and would recommend them.

Treatments:
Moroccan Oil treatment oil:
UGH! THE SMELL! Why hasn't someone made this scent into a perfume, or candle, or something! I LOVE the smell SO MUCH! I use this every time I wash my hair, on my mid lengths-ends of my hair and around my temples on those wispy bits. This is my holy grail hair product and will buy religiously. Definitely makes my hair more smoother and in better condition.

Redken Anti-Snap treatment:
I mix this with my Moroccan Oil treatment. I would definitely recommend this for those with extreme damage like I do. I focus this product on the ends of my hair and those front wispy, damaged bits.

Redken Natures Rescue Refining Sea Polish:
This is a pumice like hair exfoliator that I use when I remember. More so, because it has been discontinued vs, when I remember to use it. This is something you use all over to really clean and smooth the hair, and I really work it into my scalp to remove all the dead skin/ hair cells for a "deep clean". Even though it's an actual scrub, it doesn't harm the hair follicles at all. My hair always feels so clean and fresh when I use this. 



Moroccan Oil Repair hair mask:
I use this when I remember or when I can be bothered, so usually once every 2 weeks, which you really shouldn't be using it more than that due to the product being protein based, and more protein in the hair can actually cause major hair breakage. Definitely makes my hair SO much smoother after using this. Again, the smell is lush!












Heat protection:




GHD heat protectant spray:
I buy this when I have cash because well, I have a GHD, so I should use products that go with my device right? Haha. I just like nice things.

Tresemme heat protectant spray:
A fraction of the cost of the GHD stuff, I can't really tell the difference but the boyfie likes this, so I buy this one too.









Styling Products:
Moroccan Oil strong hold hairspray:
Bought this purely for the smell. If you have plenty of cash laying around and wanna blow it on pointless stuff, then this is your item. It honestly doesn't work any better or worse than any other hairspray I've used (usually Tresemme hairspray), so definitely not a "must have". It doesn't leave your hair crunchy though, which is good, staying power is good too. It definitely is a quality product, but there are same quality products for cheaper.

Paul Mitchell smoothing Gloss Drops:
I use this after straightening to make my hair nice and shiny and to smooth any fly always. This is my fave smoothing product I've ever used. It's not greasy and doesn't leave your hair feeling heavy or looking oil slicked and greasy. I'm pretty sure this too has been discontinued, and that makes me really sad.

Batiste Cherry dry shampoo:
I rave about this all the time and is my fave dry shampoo. Highly recommend trying this range. I wanna try the Wild one next!

Schwartzkopf Instant Volume powder:
To be honest I'm not really a fan of this. I'm not sure if it's because I'm not using this properly or the product isn't 100%. When this runs out (or I've had enough), I'll be purchasing the Kevin Murphy Powder Puff Next, as I've heard nothing but good things.




Tools:
Straightener:
GHD: Pure edition
I use my good old trusty GHD! I love it, and highly recommend it. I got the white one from the Pure/Evil collection about 6 years ago. My original one did break after just past 2 years of use, but GHD head office are beyond amazing and replaced it for me, even though I was just out of warranty. The customer service is top notch. If you have a GHD and haven't registered it on their site, seriously go do it in case something like that happens to you. Also, does anyone else feel the need to buy more than one as they're always coming out with awesome new coloured ones? No? Just me, ok then (for the record I only have this one but am very tempted to buy one of the blue/green birds of paradise one ... It's just SO pretty!).

Hair Dryer:
I still use the one my mum bought me for my birthday when I was like 14. I lost the diffuser for it though haha. Still works like a charm too. It's a Remington metallic purple one.

Hair brush:
I've actually been really lazy and haven't bought a new one since I did that post about washing your hair brush. I do have a Lady Jayne shower comb though for when I get out of the shower (obviously...).

Hair Decoration:
I'm starting to use more hair decorations like headbands and those currently fashionable hair pieces that sit around your forehead (think gatsby, Shannon Harris or Karissa Pukas). I also am loving the hair bun for an elegant style bun, and they are SO easy to use. I get all my hair accessories from eQuip.

No comments:

Post a Comment