My blogspiration

Monday, September 1, 2014

High end makeup haul



This has been the stuff I've been lemming for AGES and what I've collected over the past couple months, I know it's not a lot because hello bills/ being an adult/ buying practical shit. But here it is, my LOVES!!

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Highlight powder in Dim Light.
Been wanting this for ages but could never justify spending $62 on it. Fortunately, I put some feelers out for a cp on specktra.net and a wonderful girl, JaimieLee, came to my rescue and picked this up for me, along with the NARS concealer. Unfortunately, along with the tax and shipping etc, it ended up costing the same as if I had picked it up myself. Oh well, still a majorly generous thing for her to do for me and I appreciate it SO much! Anyway, onto the product. I don't know why I was thinking this was smallish, but I was so surprised when I got it! It's HUGE! I mean it's pretty pricy and it makes sense but I was genuinely shocked haha. This powder is finely milled and definitely makes a difference to my face. I find it has good coverage and isn't cakey. Worth every cent and definitely worth checking out.
You can check out Jaimielee's blog here:
Hippopotamuslee

NARS creamy concealer in Vanilla.
Again, been after this from seeing countless beauty gurus using and recommending it. I've been using a temptu concealer palette and wanted to try something different. I really like it, as it has good coverage and it blends out very easily.



YSL Touché Éclat #2 Luminous Ivory (limited edition leopard print).
I have had my eye on this since it was first released about 4-6 months ago in Europe. I've also been stalking my closest DJs for a while to make sure I got my hands on it. Australia FINALLY released it last week of June and I got my hands on one from Mecca Cosmetica. I love, love, love this and it is a repurchase but I was really lemming the leopard print casing. I'll be getting another one as a back up.

Too Faced Sweethearts Bronzing pearls.
Another repurchase of my fave powder. Beauty Bay had a special on all Too Faced beauty products so I thought I'd take advantage and get another one. I'm no where near finished my first one so a pure backup for when I'm ready. I love the glow this gives and is fast becoming my fave face powder.

Too Faced Glitter Glue.
I've never tried this before but I've seen quite a few recommendations on it and now it means I've actually got something sticky to use with my MAC glitters. You can read my review on it below.

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation in 4 (light sand).
I got a sample of this years ago, liked it and I've always wanted to buy a full size bottle, but the fact it's $92 has me running to the hills. However, I use strawberrynet.com.au quite often and they had 10% off all Australian orders (+ an extra 4% off for my 5th order), so it came down to around $60, so of course I bought it.


NARS Schiap lipstick.
Another item I have wanted for yonks! Like YONKS! Strawberrynet.com.au now has this stocked so I bought this too. This shade is a semi-matte.

NYX Pencil Lip liners in Tangerine, Bright Pink, Deep Purple, & Purple Rain.
I needed some lip liners to "round off" my collection, and Cherry Culture we're having a sale so I thought why not. My local Target doesn't sell the pencil lip liners, only retractable ones (which I highly dislike). Pencils are always a winner for me. The only colours I *need* now, are a nice crisp red and a lilac (which I really should just invent/ come up with as NO ONE IN ANY BRAND SELLS, and no, light purple eyeliner doesn't count. I want an ACTUAL light purple LIP pencil!)

Shanghai Suzy lipstick in Miss Amy (Baby Pink). 
A total random purchase. I saw Chloe Morello's tutorial on YouTube and needed the lipstick. So I bought it. It smells like grape bubblegum. It is amazing. They're only $13. It's matte.
ShanghaiSuzy.com (where you can too, smell the deliciousness that is grape bubblegum in a lipstick).

L-R: Shanghai Suzy Miss Amy, NARS Schiap
NYX Deep Purple, Purple Rain, Bright Pink and Tangerine. 

What's next on my shopping list:
The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer highlighter
Inglot AMC holographic lip glosses
Makeup Store Atomic lipgloss
Makeup Store glitter liner in Chocolux and Showstopper


What's on your shopping list?
What do you think about what I purchased, do you love or dislike anything and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment