My blogspiration

Monday, March 31, 2014

Review: YSL moire liquid eyeliner #11


I only found this eyeliner by chance. I went into David Jones to ask when the new leopard print touché éclat was due to hit counters in Aus and as I was waiting to speak to a salesperson, I had a look at the display. I saw this delicious beauty, and as I am pretty obsessed with anything turquoisey, tealy, duo chromey goodness, I HAD to have it! It's SO pretty. So I purchased it, now I didn't know the price but one of those things that I had to have. Get to the register, $59 thanks. Sorry what? Yep $60 odd for an eyeliner. I have never spent that much on a single eyeliner, and I almost couldn't justify that price. Expensive but I bought it anyway (are you understanding how pretty I thought it was?!). So I get home and look up reviews for it (I don't know why, I already bought it), and honestly, I could not find anything of substance about this eyeliner (Hence why I'm doing this review). I did find out that it was released about 2011 and I guess that's one of the reasons very few reviews or anything exist on the thing. I also blame the fact that it's expensive and realistically, not many would buy it at that price. Actually, I entirely blame the price tag for lack of anything even slightly reviewy.


It's described (on their website) as light blue. It's definitely teal with a blue duo chrome (and shimmer), and it's certainly not a light colour. I'd call it a medium shade. The brush is thin and soft, no hardness to it at all. I found it easy to glide along my eyelid and no tugging, pulling or anything of the sort. It's easy to manoeuvre and a very smooth consistency. More "runny" than "gluggy" by any means (by gluggy, I'm comparing to MACs liquid last liner).
I first swatched it on my hand (while perusing the display) and after going to the bathroom 10 minutes later, it had washed off. Kinda shitty for a $60 eyeliner. However, it wore all day on my eyes, with no flaking and it washed off super easy. Which is a good thing I guess, so there's no scrubbing your eyes to get it off, which I guess it's where it's actually going right?


With flash. 1 stroke vs colour. You can sort of see the duo-chrome and the shimmer.



















Would I recommend or repurchase?:  Yes and No. Yes: it's really pretty and really easy to use and smooth to apply. No: unless you have money to burn. The price is ridiculous.

Available: YSL counters at David Jones and Myer
RRP: $59




No comments:

Post a Comment