My blogspiration

Monday, March 3, 2014

My morning healthy smoothie + routine

I've been doing this for a while, and I do feel better for it. I do feel more energised and just, healthier. I am starting to read up more about having/ achieving an alkaline body (vs a toxis acidic body), and my morning ritual is definitely on the right track to doing that.

My morning routine:
* 1 glass of warm water with lemon
* 1 glass of cold water with 1-2tsp of Swisse Chlorophyll
* 1 morning smoothie (or if I'm lazy the night before, a bowl of oats with almond milk and fruit)


This is my morning go-to, healthy, breakfast smoothie. I make this nearly every night, ready to kick start my morning off on the right foot...

200ml coconut water
2 tsp coconut oil
1/3 can of pineapple
1/2 can of pineapple juice (from above)
1 large handful of spinach leaves
1/3 cucumber
Small amount of ginger

Put above in blender and wiz away to a smooth consistency. I do prefer mine slightly chunkier as I hear that "chewing" your smoothie actually prepares your stomach for better digestion. I also do drink this as a "meal".


* Chlorophyll is available at the supermarket, health food stores and priceline.
RRP: usually around the $20 mark



No comments:

Post a Comment