My blogspiration

Monday, March 30, 2015

Lash Lash Lashes!

Lashes can really make an eye look that extra bit wow, and totally change everything about your eyes. Some like natural, some dramatic, some on occasion and some every day. I'm here to show you my fave lashes and some tips on making the most of your eye look with lashes.

I personally only wear lashes for a special occasion, or if I'm going out at night and really want to glam up. I also don't believe is spending a lot on lashes either if I'm being honest. There are so many awesome brands and styles that look just as great, for under $10. Maybe if it was an uber special occasion (like your wedding), then I totally get that, but these lashes that are $30 odd for one pair? That's crazy! Haha.

My favourite lashes:


Minx 2.0 (I've sadly run out)


Flirt (I've just used these and can't find them. The reason I need to buy a lash case haha)



Socialeyes ~
I absolutely adore these lashes. When I first received them, I was very intimidated, they are most definitely the longest lashes I've ever worked with, however, these are also the lightest lashes in the world (maybe exaggerated, I haven't tried all the lashes in the world). Other than getting used to the length, it feels like you're wearing nothing!
Tease 2.0 ~ a nice half lash ~ $4.95
Minx 2.0 ~ a beautiful spiky, thick criss cross style ~ $6.95
Playing Coy ~ a mix of long and short lashes in between ~ $4.95
Flirt ~ a natural lash, similar to Ardell 105s ~ $5.95
Ravishing ~ a spiky, slight criss cross style, that's a medium density but not as full as the Manicare lashes ~ $6.95
Available: SocialEyes.com.au

Ardell in 105 and 120 ~ 
105 ~ extremely natural and blend very easily with your natural lashes.
120 Demi ~ good curvature for a more natural look along the lash line but nice and dense.
Available: Priceline, Madamemadeline.com
RRP: $9.99 from Priceline. $3.50USD from Madame Madeline (good for bulk lash purchase as everything's cheap, but postage is around $15AUD, they do have very fast shipping and ship to many countries).



Manicare Glam Eyes in Alessandra ~ 
Something a little more dramatic, full and a mix between natural, wispy and criss cross. Perfect for a glam, night look.
Available: Priceline
RRP: $11.99


House of Lashes in Ice Queen ~ 
I bought these as I've heard good things about HOL and I thought these were really cute (you all know my love of glitter and these are limited edition!).
Available: Houseoflashes.com
RRP: $7USD


Lash accessories:


Socialeyes lash glue ~
This is perfect as its a wand style vs something like Duo, which I find messier. Also, completely vegan and latex free!
Available: SocialEyes.com.au
RRP: $6.50


Eyelash case ~
Perfect for those who wear falsies very regularly without losing them.
Available: House of lashes
RRP: $6USD



Top Tips for Lash application:

~ If you're new to lashes, half lashes are a great way to start and get a feel for wearing them, without starting in the deep end, so to speak, and feeling overwhelmed or like you're not "doing/applying them right".

~ If you're a little more "progressed" and want to try full strip lashes, a great way to get the hang of them, without having them stick up in your inner corner, is to cut your full strip into 3 sections, once you've first adjusted the right length to your eye. This way the lash is more controlled and you can take your time before the glue dries. 

~ Lashes with thin/ clear lash bands are much easier to start with and feel lighter on the eye too. 

~ When applying any lashes, make sure that you don't accidentally start the end of the lash band past your lash line on the outside (preferably  it should be 1-2mm inwards), as it can make your eye look "dragged down" vs open and flattering. 

~ Individual lashes do require a stronger glue, and once applied you should wait for them to fall off. Don't pick them off as this can ruin your natural lashes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment