My blogspiration

Monday, March 16, 2015

Review: Makeup Store glitter liquid liner


We all know how much I love I love glitter. I don't care how it comes, I want it! I'm very much a Weka in that way (FYI: a Weka is a New Zealand wood hen that LOVES shiny things, not dissimilar to a magpie, but they're a brown, ground bird). 

However, I'm also pretty lazy in that I do not like making my own glitter liner, I'd rather just buy a tube than mess around with something so pedantic as glitter, and trying to create a smooth line. 

That's where this baby comes in. The Makeup Store glitter liner. Ahhh, it's pretty majestical.
The liner I'll be reviewing for you today is Chocolux. A really pretty chocolate browny bronzey, shade. You can already tell I'm into it huh?!

The brush is nice and thin with medium density, so you can manoeuvre it around nice and easily but it doesn't kind of "flick/ flop" around like soft, flimsy brushes do. When I looked at the brush when I pulled it out of the tube, I didn't think it would deposit much glitter but I was definitely wrong. It coats the perfect amount. Not too thick (you know when you get those ball like chunks on some?) or too sparse. Sure you can go in for seconds to create a thicker line if thats your style, but it definitely isn't necessary. 




L-R: MAC Pinkphonic, Girl Groove, Makeup Store Chocolux
1 swipe vs layered.  
The brush is also nice and smooth and doesn't drag along your lash line, so even if you're in a hurry, you can master this with ease. So even if you can't be bothered, you can still inject a touch of glam into your look. 

It dries quickly, so it doesn't transfer to your lid if you sneeze or something by accident. Which is super handy. 

It wears very well, although I have only tried this as it's intended purpose as an eyeliner. I never experience any fallout and it lasts well throughout an entire day (10-12 hours) without any transference or sliding due to lid oiliness (although I tend to only get oily in my actual crease). I don't find that any flakes off during the day and it doesn't feel overly crunchy or crusty on my lashline either. 

Removing the liner is also a breeze and you don't have to fiercely scrub at your eyes to remove it. I just use my Garnier Micellar cleansing water to remove my eye makeup. 


Size comparison to a MAC glitter liner. 
I highly recommend this liner if you like your glitter liners. I have several from MAC from long, past years and this is definitely my fave and my recommendation for a glitter liner. I definitely want to grab a few more, namely Showstopper (silver), Lux (green) and Dancing Queen (cobolt blue). I cannot think of a single thing I don't like about the liner at all. Maybe more colours could be cool, like an orange or bright pink? Either way I'm sold and then some! 

Purchased from: Beautybay.com or you can email Makeup Store directly at enquiries@makeupstore.com.au
RRP: $35

No comments:

Post a Comment