My blogspiration

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Review: Too Faced Shadow Insurance Glitter Glue




I love glitter. It's just so unicorny and makes everything in life that little bit better. I really don't know why it took me so long to get this. I've had glitter for YEARS, this has been out for YEARS. I dunno, I guess it seemed boring vs coloured stuff haha. Anyways, I eventually got this and of course that meant 
I had to do a glittery eye (awwwww yeahhhhhhhh :D), however, as a cautionary to my tale (maybe not, maybe its obvious….), I am an idiot and did a full face of makeup then went to add glitter and needless to say, out came the stickytape and I won't be repeating the same mistake again. I felt like I was swimming in glitter. 

OKAY okay, back to the actual product vs my mystical ways of being awesome… The glue comes out a white cream and dries clear. Its very sticky, but not uncomfortably so. I used a makeup brush to apply this, however, I do feel like I shouldn't have, and should have used a cotton bud (q-tip) instead. I'd like to say it's quicker to dry than say, eyelash glue (so you have something more comparable to guesstimate/ work with), so you do have to work reasonably quickly (glue one eye, add glitter, glue other eye and add glitter to that one too).

I packed quite a bit of glitter on, over a fully "product-ed" eye. The glue definitely isn't shy and really hugs the glitter like they're old buddies from way back. The glitter stayed nice and dense throughout the day and I didn't notice too much fallout (as much as you can from a fine glitter like Jewelmarine).

I wore my makeup for about 9 hours and there was a bit of creasing on my eyelids (slightly more than usual) due to oiliness from my lids (which happens with basically all eyeshadows, everyday after a full day). 

When I washed my face that night, it took a bit more grunt work (and cotton balls) than usual, but not extensive, red eye causing scrubbing or irritation. I just used my Bioderma Crealine H20 makeup remover with cotton balls and followed with my usual The Body Shop Seaweed cleanser. Maybe I had too many layers of makeup to judge, but there wasn't any sticky residue or anything once all product was removed. 

What I used: *when I use my other source of computerage, I'll upload eye shots.*
Mac Delft Paintpot (as base)
Laura Mercier Peacock Sequin eyeshadow 
MAC Jewelmarine glitter

Would I re-purchase: Yes I would, although now that I'm getting older, I don't wear glitter as much, so I probably won't need another tube if I'm being honest. 

Available: Beautybay.com
RRP: $28 (currently on sale for $23)


*TIPS*
~ Do your glittering before the rest of your makeup (obviously, no?!)
~ Use a cotton bud (q-tip) to apply glitter glue. Unless you like gunky brushes…

No comments:

Post a Comment