My blogspiration

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Review: Savvy Ultra Matte Lip Colour


Since Limecrime came out with their matte liquid lipsticks, Velvetines, I've been dying to try them. However, hearing of the constant negative reviews of their/ her business, I've been really put off with handing over my money to such a company (you can google the dramas, I'm definitely not going to go into it). I was almost ready to succumb because they looked so cool, and the colours looked awesome, BUT I was on instagram, and I saw a picture for these. Savvy Ultra Matte Lip Colour. I was super intrigued, so a few days ago I checked them out at my closest Priceline. I am so glad I did.

These have amazing pigmentation and holy crap do they stay on! I tested them out on my hand whilst on my lunch break at work and afterwards I tried to wash them off. I furiously scrubbed (with water only) to try and remove them. They.Do.Not.Budge!!!!!!!
These wear for a good 4-5 hours before they start "coming off". By :coming off: I mean wearing from the middle of my mouth outwards, as you can see in the pictures. They're slightly sticky while it's drying, bit nor uncomfortably so. Once dry, again, they don't budge, and they're comfortable. They don't feel tight at all. The gloss also never cracked and only slightly bleed on my lips.
They're also easy to remove with a makeup remover.

One wipe. True colour vs. the ones below. 

Initial application.
After 5 hours. 
After eating.
After 7 hours. Starting to fade from the inside of my mouth. 

They also have a decent selection of shades, with shades covering pretty much all bases (you've got red, nude, peachy pink, mauve, bright purple, bright fuchsia and a couple of other shades which I'm forgetting now, but deeper nudes/ roses).

I bought the shade Icon (bright mid purple), and I'm definitely going to go back and get Hollywood Baby (peachy pink) and Rodeo Drive (super bright fuchsia).

I can't compare them to the Velvetines, but if you're after a cheaper/ *different version* of something same-samey, these are definitely it. I'm going to buy an Australis Velourlips next to see how they compare.

Would I re-purchase: Definitely!!!!! These are seriously awesome for the product, and the price. I highly suggest going to at least check them out.

Available: Priceline
RRP: $7.99  

No comments:

Post a Comment