My blogspiration

Monday, November 30, 2015

Savvy Ultra Matte lips vs Australis Velourlips

There has been a massive influx in the beauty world lately with matte liquid lipsticks. They are definitely having a moment, and rightly so. They are awesome and I'm definitely a fan. They are long wearing and budge proof. Perfect for those who are busy and constantly on the go. I have previously reviewed the Savvy Ultra Matte lipsticks but now I'm going to compare the Savvy one against another Australian brand, Australis Velourlips.

These are both great Australian versions that cost a fraction of the cost, and are easily found here, compared to some of the other brands out there, such as Anastasia Beverley Hills, Dose of Colors, Jeffree Star and Pretty Zombie Cosmetics etc. There are definitely more and more brands adding them to their collections, so it's going to be quite the thing for a while yet.

Even though my review on the Savvy Ultra Matte was in August of last year, I still hold true to my previously thoughts on them. I still really love them, but "everyone" here in Australia seems to really be going nuts over Australis Velourlips, so I definitely thought it was worth a re-visit to see which brand of liquid matte lipsticks fared up better!

I have 2 shades of each brand, so I'll be testing them all out.

Savvy Ultra Matte in Icon
Applies smoothly and evenly. No bleeding or feathering.
It applies easily and doesn't cling to any particular area on the lips or create "rings".
Dries within 60 seconds, leaves no sticky residue other than when drying.
Definitely kiss proof and also nap proof too (yes I tested this out by accident haha).
It does wear off on the inside when eating, but drinking is no problem.
I didn't find it to crack on my lips throughout the day at all, and honestly the only time I had to reapply was after my lunch. Also, I didn't have to completely take it off before reapplying, I just put it on straight over the top and it looked fine.


Savvy Ultra Matte in Hollywood Baby
Applies smoothly, however, it does settle and gather on the outside of my lip line, the bottom one mostly, so it's not a shade you can quickly apply and go. Take your time with it.
Takes a little longer to dry and is sticky until dry. Took about 2 mins.
I had mild flakiness on my lips and it did avoid these spots so my bottom lip looked a bit "holey". So exfoliate your lips beforehand if you know you're going to wear it. 
Drinking is no problem and doesn't affect wear.
Kiss proof and wears evenly.
I think to be super safe, completely take off and reapply from the get go as it's not the best to reapply over the top. 


Australis Velourlips in Mil-a-no (cream)
I find this very patchy and hard to get even on application and really have to work with it so it doesn't settle into my lip lines that look unplesant. No bleeding or feathering.
Dries within 60 seconds, doesn't leave a sticky residue other than when drying.
It's quite a thin lipstick vs the other brighter colours. 


Australis Velourlips in Grandmaster Pash (metallic)
Applies smoothly and evenly. No bleeding or feathering.
It applies easily and nicely but did take a long time to dry completely. 
Sticky while drying. 
Drinking and eating are no problem. 
Kiss proof and wears evenly.


Overall, The darker colours are much better and easier to apply and less work overall. The light ones on both brands do take quite a bit of work to make it look good and are less forgiving, so the lighter shades are definitely not a quick fix and go product. 
I personally prefer the way the Savvy Mattes apply and wear but the Australis Velourlips have a much better colour range, and I do love choice haha. In the end, I'd go with the Savvy Ultra Matte. 



Savvy Ultra Matte:
Comes in 5 shades
Available: Priceline
RRP: $7.99
Savvy is Vegan
Fun Fact: Savvy is not part of the cosmetic company "Designer Brands". Savvy is a Priceline brand.

Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, PPG-17/IPDI/DMPA Copolymer, Polybutene, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyethylene, Paraffin, Ozokerite, Isododecane, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Cetearyl Alcohol, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin. MAY CONTAIN [+/-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850:1), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Iron Oxides (CI 77492/ CI 77499).

Australis Velourlips:
Comes in 20 permanent shades and 3 limited edition metallic shades
Available: Australiscosmetics.com.au and Priceline
RRP: $9.95
Australis is Vegan

Ingredients: Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polyethylene, Polybutene, Ozokerite, Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Cetearyl Alcohol, Silica, Fragrance , Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin. May Contain (+/-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 15850 (Red 6), CI 15850:1 (Red 7 Lake), CI 45410 (Red 27 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake).

No comments:

Post a Comment