My blogspiration

Monday, November 16, 2015

Recent empties

I'm here with a round up of what I've used up recently and a bit of a mini review of each product. 
Thinking about it, I never use up makeup haha (probably because I have so much, lets be honest!), I think I've only ever used up a Stila Kitten eyeshadow... wow! haha. I do have a couple that I've hit pan on, but they are LE stuff, so I use it sparingly, of course!! 

Anywho, let's move along, shall we?


TBS Peach body wash, TBS Seaweed cleanser, Glamourflage toner

The Body Shop Peach Body Wash (full size)
This smells so good! I'm on a bit of a peach fix at the moment and loving it! Perfect for summer. I really like The Body Shop body washes. 
Re-purchase: Yes, but I'm not sure you can still get it. It was Limited Edition
Available: The Body Shop stores and online

The Body Shop Satsuma Body Wash (full size)
This is my go-to body wash. I love it, and it's usually limited edition (although I'm guessing they may have made it permanent now...?!), so I stock up on this when I get it. I also interchange scents/ body washes, but always come back to this. It's the perfect accompaniment to my go-to fragrance, CKin2U (which is also fruity/citrusy). 
Re-purchase: Always
Available: The Body Shop stores and online

The Body Shop Seaweed cleanser (full size)
This is my all time favourite face cleanser. I recommend this to anyone and everyone that wants to hear about it haha. I LOVE seaweed almost anything lol.
Re-purchase: Yes. Have and will continue forever (probably...)
Available: The Body Shop stores and online 

Glamourflage Tiara Tracey toner (full size)
I really enjoyed using this. It has Witch Hazel in it as a primary ingredient which I like to help keep my skin clear. 
Re-purchase: Yes
Available: David Jones


Chi Chi hand cream, MAC Fix +, MAC Opulash, Beauty Bay mascara, MAC False Lashes
Sukin Hand and Nail cream (full size)
Not a fan of the scent of this, but it doesn't linger for too long, which makes it alright. It does moisturise quite nicely and I like that it's natural (which I'm getting quite into lately). 
Re-purchase: On the fence with this one. Probably not though
Available: Priceline

Chi Chi Hand Cream in Pomegranate (full size)
This was all right. I'm not a massive fan of hand creams but my hands get so dry that it's becoming necessary. This did smell really nice though.
Re-purchase: No
Available: Myer, Target

MAC Fix + Rose (full size)
This was ok. I'm not a fan of rose scented stuff and honestly, it probably took me over 2
years to use this thing up (it was from the previous release). I much prefer the Charged waters, plain Fix+ or the Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray.
Re-purchase: Not the Rose scented, but other Fix +, yes 
Available: Not available anymore, but the original at MAC stores, counters and online

MAC Opulash mascara in Violet (full size)
This was so old it needed to be thrown out. I barely used it, and I now think if I wanted a coloured mascara, I'll just use a mascara fan brush and a coloured fluidline. Cheaper and not so much waste. 
Re-purchase: No, unavailable as it was LE
Available: Not available anymore

Beauty Bay mascara (full size)
I bought this as I was making an order on Beauty Bay and needed a new mascara. It was quite dry and although it wasn't a bad mascara, it did nothing spectacular for my lashes. I ended up pairing this with MAC False Lashes mascara, using this one as a base and together the 2 ended up being quite nice. 
Re-purchase: No
Available: beautybay.com

MAC False Lashes mascara (sample)
I like this paired with Beauty Bay mascara, using the False Lashes mascara last. Probably wouldn't buy a full size though. I like other mascaras better. It's not too watery or dry. Just about right. It didn't curl or lengthen, but did separate my lashes, which I personally like and want in a mascara. If you're after something new, this mascara could be worth a shot. 
Re-purchase: No
Available: MAC counters, stores and online


Organix Marine Extracts shampoo

Organix Marine Extracts shampoo and conditioner (full size)
I did not like the smell of these at all. I usually like marine/ sea like smell, but this wasn't good at all. I also don't think it did much to my hair either, although, that's probably not too fair of a judgement as I used other things alongside as I really couldn't stand the smell. It took me almost a year to use these up. 
Re-purchase: No
Available: Priceline, most supermarkets

MAC Odyssey lipstick (full size)
Okay, so I had to chuck this. It has that gross plastic crayon smell to it. Sad day to see haha.
Re-purchase: No, I barely used it when it was good
Available: MAC stores, counters and online

Dr Dennis Gross Extra Strength Alpha Peel treatment (5 day pack)
These are awesome! I use these once a week as an "in house" treatment on my at-home spa days. I like that these do work but without your face actually peeling and looking funky. There's no down time, however, you are recommended to stay out of the sun (as with any peel/ harsher skin treatment). You can use these any time (day or night). I like to use them at night so there's no chance of me seeing the sun, and I let the treatment do its work alongside beauty sleep and the whole rejuvenation process. I'm thinking of trying out one of the other Dr Dennis Gross treatments and seeing how those go. Highly recommend! 
Re-purchase: Yes, and I have, and will continue to
Available: mecca.com.au


No comments:

Post a Comment