My blogspiration

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Baby Bloom


The media release for this has been a little late compared to most of MAC's collections, where we find out about them up to 6 months in advance. This has only been circling around for about a month (that I'm aware of anyway...). This collection is a small one focusing on summer with its SPF tints... there are 5 shades of each product, and being a tint, are quite sheer in nature. Perfect for summer time!


Studio Moisture Tint SPF 15:
Light ~ Soft pale beige
Medium ~ Warm beige
Medium Dark ~ Caramel Beige
Deep ~ Dark Caramel
Deep Dark ~ Rich, golden bronze

Suntints SPF 20 liquid lip balms:
Just a Smidge ~ Pastel yellow with multicoloured pearls
Lilt of Lily ~ A soft pale pink
Pink Tinge ~ A bright yellow pink with gold pearls
Full of Grace ~ Sheer rose
Moist Plum ~ Lilac with very fine pearls

My thoughts:
My guess is that the moisture tints are here to replace the Select Tint SPF 15 which is currently being phased out. MAC have also been putting out a lot of "studio" products lately too, so I'm thinking this is how they're going to continue to go with.
I haven't played around with the suntints but just by the name I'm thinking these will be a sort of "juicy tube" type gloss that Lancome have. I wonder what the texture will be like? I think they could perhaps be closer to Cliniques glossy tubes (superbalm), which are also SPF. Cliniques are a little thicker and stickier texture.


Thanks to Temptalia for pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment