My blogspiration

Saturday, April 25, 2009

REVIEW: MAC Just Dessert Triglass


Okay So I was a little apprehensive about getting one of these lipglosses as I'm not actually a fan of MAC's lipglasses but MAC are probably changing up their gloss formula's as I really like these and also their dazzleglass. These are not tacky at all (I really hate tacky glosses!) and rather thick. Not uber thick so it looks like you're drooling but perfect-thick. I had also heard that these are also very sheer. Well I did get a very sheer one as such (the others didn't particularly interest me) and there wasn't a lot of colour at all, just a lot of glitter (first thing my partner noticed LOL). These are very glittery, more so than the dazzleglass but it is a different kind of glitter (dazzleglass is less in-your-face than this and finer particles, and having an actual shade helps). These glosses last for ages and don't wear off easily at all, which I also find appealing. These are very expensive for what they are, but then I guess it's relative to the pricing for the Couture Collection glosses which have the same packaging which is a little bit of a let down seeing as it is just packaging (what am I saying, companies are all about packaging!...). I have used the gloss over a few days and am finding that they don't really mix up either. I know a lot of people were commenting on that and joking that OCD sufferers wouldn't be able to handle them but they would take a LOT of use to get them to mix up heavily. These glosses also have a lot in the tubing as well. Again, people have commented on dazzleglass not being good value for money because they got very few applications from them, whereas these will take a long time to use up. Overall these are very gorgeous and is good for value gloss-size wise, however these are aren't good value price wise, especially if you can't really afford it or justify it. For something that is essentially just glitter you're better off either making your own with reflects glitter and a clear gloss or buying something else. It would be nice to buy one as a special treat for yourself if you've got the cash and would be perfect for glittering up a lipstick, but there are better options out there for sure.


RRP: $42
Limited Edition. Available from Myer until sold out or found on the net... You will have to search on sites like ebay or get a generous person to CP one from overseas that has access to MAC.

I Rate This: 3/5


No comments:

Post a Comment