My blogspiration

Monday, July 7, 2014

Are your feet happy?



Not everyone has zillions of dollars to get pedicures every week, or even every month, but taking care, and pampering your feet is SO important. Not only does it make you feel good, and a foot massage is heaven in a rub, but the majority of us spend all day on our feet, and not always in comfy shoes, and our feet very often get neglected. I know most peoples feet are not the most attractive, but they definitely deserve better than they fare as they are one of the most hardworking and constantly used parts of our body. It really doesn't take much to keep your feet in tip top shape without spending heaps at your local salon (except maybe half an hr - 45 mins). These are some of the things I do when I have a foot pampering session...

You will need:
A foot spa
Pumice or some kind of skin remover thing
Foot soak (crystals or powder)
Foot cream or moisuriser
A nail polish of your choice

Set the mood:
I put on some incense, or a nice candle, and pour myself a cup of green tea to really relax and get myself in the mood to wind down.

A great investment is a foot spa! They're much cheaper these days than they used to be, and can really relax you and really set the "spa" mood!
You don't need something super expensive, something from Target or Big W will do the trick!
Target has one that comes with all your extras like foot cream, foot soak, skin scraper thingy etc for $60. Big W has just the foot spa for roughly $25...

IMPORTANT: Do NOT use a foot spa with the vibrational settings on for more than 20 minutes as it can disrupt your heart!!!!!!! If you have a heart condition to begin with, I STRONGLY suggest talking to your doctor first! 

Take off your old nail polish and trim those nails.
Now that you have your foot spa running with warm water, add some salts or powder and get that baby vibrating and get those feet relaxing.
After about 5 minutes and your feet have softened, I like to use a gel exfoliating scrub with a pumice stone and buff that icky dead skin off.
Let feet soak for another 15 mins or however long you like NOT EXCEEDING 20 MINS.
Dry off and turn off your foot spa.
Paint your toe nails and let dry.
Moisturise these feet, or better yet, get your partner or whoever, to give you a foot massage and pop on some socks.
Mmmmm good morning soft feet!

Now repeat every 2 weeks or so, depending on what you like and when you have time to relax!

My foot faves:
~ Planet Earth foot spa from Target (my amazing partner bought this for me for my birthday a few years back!)
~ The Body Shop pumice stone
I actually loved The Body Shop Lemongrass foot products, but alas, it's discontinued. I bought in bulk when it discontinued so I'm still using it, and I don't know what I'll be trying out when I run out but these seem well received and will be what I might look into:
~ The Body Shop Peppermint Reviving Foot Soak or Foot fizzies
~ The Body Shop Peppermint Smoothing Pumice foot scrub
~ Lush Volcano foot mask
For moisturiser, I use The Body Shop body butters. On rotation is: Satsuma and Shea.



I clearly use a LOT of body shop products don't I? I honestly haven't found anything else that I really like... Can you recommend me something, or a new brand?


Little extras to help aid your feet day-to-day:
* Wear comfy shoes. I know it sounds obvious, but seriously, how many times have you worn shoes because they look hot vs comfort. Ok, I do understand when you go out for a night on the town, but day to day, on your job? Seriously, do your feet a favour and just get something comfortable!
* Gel cushions for your shoes. These are amazing and definitely buffer against wearing heels for a long period. Most shoe places sell them.


No comments:

Post a Comment