Sunday, May 29, 2016

Blogging break

I don't know what it is, but every time I think (and say) that I'm going to blog more, it always ends up being the reverse. I stop blogging, don't feel like blogging and it becomes some what of a "chore". 

Don't get me wrong, I really love my blog. I love the fact that people seem to read my blog and I love to talk all things beauty as in reality, I really don't have anyone around me that loves beauty enough for me to talk about it for more than 5 minutes. 

I also suffer from anxiety. I always feel like people really don't give a shit about what I have to write and that everyone's bored and not being educated. Education is a very important part for me, and one of the main reasons I like to blog (besides, of course, beauty and products). 

Anyone who has had or currently has anxiety knows how crippling it can be. It stops you from doing anything without analysing, over analysing, critiquing and criticising. To the point you are in fear of doing whatever it is you could be doing. You are your own worst enemy times 10. I've been suffering anxiety on and off for years. It apparently runs in my family too which doesn't help. There are many times you wonder if it will ever pass or simply get easier to live with. 

I've recently taken my anxiety by storm in trying to help manage it. I've been seeing a councellor, reading books, meditating, trying yoga (something that to be honest has dropped off a little over the past month... Naughty!). Together, in the method of all of this, something is working. I'm not sure what it is but hey, I'm happy. I feel like I'm starting to see the light and feel like things are just clicking in my head. In a positive way. 

I guess the most important thing I have taken from all of this, and my messages to you is quite simple (but also quite hard): LOVE YOURSELF

In a society where that's damn near impossible and something to be shamed, it is the hardest skill to master. I'm all about baby steps. It will probably take a long time to really, fully, love yourself. Not in a conceited way, just in a simple but beautiful acceptance of yourself. I'm no where near close to it but if you can start today, it's better than beating yourself up for another day. Again. LOVE YOURSELF

Here are some things you can do to start the loving.... (I'm sure you'll come up with your own)
* Make a delicious beverage of your choice that you love. Take 5 for yourself. 
* Read or watch something that makes you happy. 
* Put on your fave shade of lipstick.
* Go pet some animals (proven to help release anxiety). 
* All the snugs with someone you love. 
* Meditate + breathe. It kind of goes hand in hand but it's good.
* Yoga. Again with the breathing and some stretching and general feel goody-ness.

Do anything that makes you feel good about being you. 
It is probably the most important thing you can do for yourself. And the world.