Friday, February 19, 2016

Get to know me tag: beauty version

Another tag but this time a beauty version! If you don't want to get to know me in generic life ways, but maybe more about what beauty things I love and prefer instead!

Do you remember your first makeup item? I always had those little plastic kiddy sets growing up, but I distinctly remember a plum nutrametics lip pencil I was given!

Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications? I love something that curls and gives volume but doesn't clump. I feel like I haven't, but I do love the Lancome Hypnose and Givenchy Phenomonem eyes.


What do you prefer with foundation coverage? Medium and luminous coverage.


Favourite high end brand? Probably MAC or Too Faced.


Favourite drugstore brand? Shanghai Suzy


What brands have you always wanted to try, but yet haven't? Kat Von D and Marc Jacobs


How do you feel about fake eyelashes? I love them! I can't be bothered with them for everyday but are *essential* for a full glam,night out look! 


Is there any beauty product you cant leave the house without? Nah I'm good to leave without anything on. Wait! I'm gonna be a smart ass and say SPF sunscreen! (go me haha)

What is your most cherished beauty product? Ooohh! That is extremely tough! I actually cannot choose! 

How often do you shop for makeup? Whenever theres a new collection of my fave brands, I'll have a suss. Or new products I deem a "must have" like duochrome eyeshadows lol.

Do you have a "beauty budget" or spend freely? I spend freely, however,I'm getting much better and not just buying stuff just coz... unless it's duochrome eyeshadows....

Favourite place to shop for makeup? Mecca online

Do you utilise promos, discount codes for purchases? Yes, I'll always try and get free shipping where I can. That's the time that I'll freely start adding shit to my bag to make it work hahaha

What type of product do you buy the most? I would have to say eyeshadows. 

Is there a brand you can't stand? *cough limecrime cough*... was that the wind.... Any brand who doesn't have integrity or who won't help customers where they know they're in the wrong.

Do you avoid certain ingredients in products? Not really. I'm very lucky to not be allergic to anything (that I know of).

Do you like to try new skincare products, or stick for a tried and true regime? I like to try things out, however, more often than not, I always come back to my faves!

Favourite body product? Probably Frank body scrub

If you could only choose 1 brand to purchase items from, for the rest of your life, what would it be? MAC or Urban Decay. They have all products that I might use. 

What brand has the best packaging? Hourglass! So pretty! 

Which celebrity always has great makeup? The Kardashians/ Jenners!

Do you belong to any online makeup communities? Not anymore. I used to be on Specktra a lot. 

5 favourite beauty "gurus"?
* Linda Hallberg
* Samantha Ravndahl
* Chloe Morello
* Chrisspy
* Nikkie Tutorials

Do you like multi purpose beauty products? Not particularly. 

Which area of makeup application are you most clumsiest? Contour! I wish it was as easy as it seems lol. Also, fullstrip and individual lashes. 

What makeup and eye primers do you use? Hourglass primer for face; MAC Painterly paintpot for eyes.

What hair products do you use on a day to day basis? I brush my hair... that's it....

Which comes first, foundation or concealer? Foundation.

Have you ever taken any makeup classes? Yes, I have Cert II in Retail makeup services and a occasionally go to the MAC pro classes they have.

What do you love most about makeup? The creativity and use of colour!! 


THIS OR THAT???!!

Blush or bronzer? Blush

Lipstick or lipgloss? Lipstick

Eyeliner or mascara? Eyeliner

Foundation or concealer? Foundation

Brights or neutrals? Brights!

Brights or darks? Brights!! (I live for colour)

Pressed or loose eyeshadow? Pressed

Brushes or sponges? Brushes


I hope you feel like you know me a bit better now haha! I thoroughly enjoyed that for a big of random fun! Thanks for reading!! :)